- Joel Gascoigne has some interesting advice about the value of setting a morning routine. I haven’t been successful in doing that lately, but the benefits are sure appealing.
- Amazon’s new AutoRip service is very cool: buy a physical CD and it shows up in your Amazon Cloud Player. The best part: it’s retroactive, so CDs you bought from Amazon in the past are automatically included.
- “Why the Gun Is Civilization.” Read it and tell me if you find it persuasive in the comments.
- If your doctor carries a purse, you should be very afraid. (Bonus: now I know what “fomite” means.)
- Hey, the Lenovo A720 (which seemed to have gone missing over the holidays) is back, in a single configuration, at Lenovo’s site.
- Protip: if you use the Lync 2010 topology builder to add a new Lync standard edition server to your topology, do not then try to use the Lync 2013 deployment wizard to install Lync 2013 on it unless you like swearing and error logs.
- This year is the 150th anniversary of both the Emancipation Proclamation and the London Underground.
- Nearly done with the unified messaging chapter for the book– it’s a game of incremental progress, but I’m slowly getting back into the groove.