I get occasional requests to test or review various software, hardware, and service products. (Sadly, not many of these are aviation-related but maybe my luck will change). Inspired by DCRainmaker, who sets a super high standard for thorough and transparent reviews, I decided to set out my policy so I can just reply to those queries with a link to this page.
My policy is simple:
- If you have something you want me to review, feel free to contact me.
- If I think it’s interesting or cool, I may decide to review it. This review may be anything from a mention on Twitter to a full-blown magazine article, depending on how interesting or cool the product proves to be once I try it.
- If the review item is a tangible physical object, such as a piece of hardware, I will return it when I’m done with the review if you want it back.
- If the review item is an NFR software license or access to a cloud-based service, I will use it for the review. If I decide I want to keep using it after the review period, I’ll buy it.
- I don’t accept payment for reviews.