The boys and I had a wonderful Christmas– in fact, we’re still having it, evidenced by the wrapping paper and assorted detritus in the living room. Last night we went to see Monsters Inc during its re-release; later in the week, I’ll take each of them on a 1:1 outing, and we have a few other things planned. David’s been reading; Tom’s been composing electronic dance music, and Matt has been doing a little of everything.. it’s been a real blessing to get to spend the holiday with them.
- This list of the metropolitan areas with the highest, and lowest, numbers of electric and hybrid vehicles is a little surprising– not because of the top areas (most of which are in California), but because so many of the bottom areas are smack in the middle of the oil patch– Lafayette made the list, as did Shreveport, Beaumont, and Baton Rouge. The bottom 15 areas have 5% the EV registrations as the top areas.
- Microsoft is now shipping an iOS version of the popular Wordament game for Windows Phone. No big deal? Well, it includes Xbox LIVE achievements. That’s certainly a departure.
- It’s better to have a 100kt plane and a 130kt brain than a 100kt brain and a 130kt plane.
- By this definition, it looks like I’m a libertarian too (but you might have already guessed that.)
- More than twice as many men as women die in pedestrian-vehicle accidents. I wouldn’t have guessed that, but the possible reasons why make sense. Be careful out there, guys.