- C.J. Chivers is one of my favorite reporters. Why? Check out this well-sourced and well-argued article on US arms transfers to Libya. I wish all articles in the mainstream press were as thoroughly sourced as this one.
- Check out this cool interactive graph of box office vs budget for all the Bond movies.
- I installed Mountain Lion (dog!) last week and have had a smooth experience with it; I really like the new notification behavior in particular. However, I didn’t have a recovery partition on my SSD, and the Mountain Lion install wouldn’t create one. To try to fix this, I reinstalled it on an external USB drive… which also didn’t get a recovery partition. At least that’s what it looked like. However, holding down Option on boot gave me the option to boot into the partition! It still doesn’t show up in Disk Utility, even with the debug menu enabled, so I must be missing something simple.
- Longtime acquaintance Tom Negrino is tired of the gun religion. It won’t surprise many folks to know that I don’t agree with much of what he says, but I respect the fact that he and I can have a civil debate about it. We could use more of that.
- “@shunsukeiwai: Like a woman, Airbus is a complex creature with many buttons. (Don’t push the wrong ones.) – @KarlenePetitt”. Yeah, that. (Also, Karlene frequently writes about the Airbuses, as in this article on stalling them.)
- Great Paul Cunningham article on mail flow in Exchange 2013.
- I was gutted to see that the Hubig’s Pies factory in New Orleans burned down. As a gesture of support, I ordered some stuff from their online store; if you’re a pie lover, I encourage you to do the same.
- The new Posts app for the iPad looks pretty cool. I wonder if I’d blog more if I switched to using the iPad (or, really, started using it as an adjunct.) Might be worth a try.
- Olympics! And season 5 of Breaking Bad! My TV may explode.