All sorts of stuff to trivialize this week!
- This very cool story of the man whose life inspired the character of Omar Little on The Wire shows that there is redemption available, and that there can be a second– or even a third– act in our lives if we want it and will work towards it.
- The Nokia Lumia 800 is really, really tempting me.
- Risk identification and mitigation is really important in aviation. That was the first thing I thought of when I read this blog post at AVWeb. Personally, I wouldn’t have attempted that flight in those conditions.
- I just grabbed an app that purports to take you from your couch to being ready to run a 10K race in 14 weeks. The app maker says I can just jump in at the 5K stage and be good to go. We’ll see.
- Walking one mile drunk turns out to be 8x more dangerous than driving one mile drunk. Given the number of people I see making poorly-thought-out street crossings in Pensacola, I can certainly believe it.
- This clip of local news bloopers from 2011 isn’t safe for work, but it sure is funny.
- I just signed up to take my Florida CCW class, which will result in me getting a Florida non-resident CCW permit. Good times!