Just because I can, let’s make this one an all-aviation edition!
- I cannot. Even. IMAGINE. doing what this guy did: ejecting from a crippled fighter over a thunderstorm and then descending through it by parachute. Learned a new vocabulary phrase, though: cloud suck.
- This superb post is about aviation all right, but it’s really more about life. Wonderfully written and quite moving.
- There’s a lot of debate in the military aviation world about whether the Marine Corps can afford to buy the F-35B. Here’s an example.
- Ever hear of the Corn Field Bomber? Surprising story of what happened to an aircraft whose pilot had to eject.
- Alexandria International is a fine airport, sources say. I’d have to agree.
- Apparently there’s a book called Abandoned and Little-Known Airfields. Actually, that sounds rather fascinating.
- James Fallows frequently writes about aviation, and, when he does, it’s always worth reading. I didn’t even hear of the I-287 crash until I read his post about it.