- I really like the idea of being able to vote for "none of the above." If you live in California, you know what I mean.
- This article (moreso, the comments on it) is fascinating, but that’s because I’m a nerd.
- Ever wonder what medicine was like in the 18th and 19th centuries? Check out this archive of notes from British Royal Navy ships’ surgeons for a look (but be warned: there be grossness ahead.)
- Two especially-interesting-sounding books: Chocolate Wars: The 150-Year Rivalry Between the World’s Greatest Chocolate Makers and Running the Books: The Adventures of an Accidental Prison Librarian. Hard to decide which one I’d want to read first.
- After 20+ years, Zebra still holds up pretty well. Some things age better than others.
- A busy travel year is wrapping up: Vegas next week, Pensacola the week after that, and hopefully a trip to Perrysburg sometime before the end of the year. Then a new year, and with it new opportunities and challenges.