Long week! Arlene’s out of town so I have been playing single dad all week; last week I was teaching in Pensacola and didn’t have five minutes to throw an update together at all.
- David seems to have more summer English homework than I remember having. Back in the day, I had to read several books but I don’t remember getting ancillary assignments like he has.
- The boys and I went to see Rush on Monday night at Shoreline. It was a terrific show. Expect a full(er) review later.
- Our Scoutmaster and his family just came back from climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, but not like these men did it. Well done.
- These sound like a lot of oil bidness people I heard about in Louisiana during the 70s and 80s. I laughed and laughed.
- I thought about subscribing to the Marine Corps Times, but for $70/year? No thanks.
- Somewhere in my garage is a set of new rotors and pads for my car. It’s about to the point where I’ll have to dig them out and get busy.
- I had a delicious biscuit at Copeland’s while watching my Uncle Ray perform with his band. They put on a great show— I don’t think I’d ever seen them perform before. Suddenly, though, seeing that movie makes me wish I had a biscuit right now. It must be getting on towards lunchtime or something.