- Interesting essay from Tyler Cowan in which he claims that alcohol consumption “is at least as dangerous and undesirable” as gun ownership. Apparently I am an elite because I can handle both.. but then you would expect me to say that, wouldn’t you?
- R.I.P., Mr. Ebert. I thoroughly enjoyed your work lo these many years. You will be missed.
- These images make me really miss the old NASA. And this auction of space-related items makes me wish I had some completely disposable cash stuffed under my mattress.
- Want insomnia? Read this article on insider threats in pathogen research. You’re welcome.
- If you read the insider threats paper, you may need some help to restore your faith in humanity. Since you can’t relax with a beer or a glass of wine (that’s as bad as owning guns, y’know), check out this non-profit that uses Coca-Cola’s worldwide distribution network to deliver lifesaving medicine.
- Looks like Ray Lane is taking the first bullet for the Autonomy acquisition train wreck at H-P. I wonder who will be next?
- Stay classy, Mr. President.