- Had my first sample of Vietnamese food yesterday, courtesy of (and thanks to!) Bo Williams. The food and company were both top-notch. For the record, I had the clay pot.
- Damnit, Google. Why couldn’t you have killed Orkut, or one of the other worthless services you offer, instead of Google Reader?
- This morning two of the newspresenters on WAAY-TV were handling a large snake. Is it ratings week, or has the Bay Area just changed my tastes in TV news?
- Just wrapped chapter 6 (Exchange 2013 message hygiene) of the book and sent it off for review. Now I’m working on chapter 4, the client chapter. Lots to say about Outlook and the all-new Exchange 2013 version of OWA.
- Two more books added to my reading queue: The Invisible Gorilla: How Our Intuitions Deceive Us (think: the opposite of Malcom Gladwell’s Blink) and Broken Hearts: The Tangled History of Cardiac Care (which claims, among other things, that most catheterizations and other invasive procedures don’t actually improve survival outcomes). Finding time to read them, of course, is a completely different matter.
- Apropos of which, my reading lately has focused on the study guides for my instrument flight rating…