- Last week’s 311 show was as good as I expected it to be. I’m already looking forward to their tour next year.
- Rwanda has an awesome national… I’m not sure what to call it. It’s not a holiday, and it’s more than a tradition. By law, on the last Saturday of every month, everyone cleans. Known as umuganda, it’s a long-standing event that goes back to colonial times. Business close, public transport shuts down, and all able-bodied people between 18 and 65 clean from 8am until 11am. What a fantastic idea.
- I learned the preceding, and much more, from this thoroughly interesting article on Rwanda. I think I’m going to have to add it as a bucket-list destination.
- If you are easily grossed out, do not read this article. No, seriously. I really mean it.
- If you’re a Breaking Bad fan, I commend this remix video to your attention.
- “Who would buy once-radioactive beer? I mean, besides me.” /raises hand.
- Last week I wrote about the process of preparing for my checkride. This guy passed his checkride… after two of the blades on his propeller fell off. I bet everything after the emergency landing was easy.
Thursday trivia #72
Filed under aviation, General Stuff