Ever looked at Microsoft’s marketing efforts and said “hey, I can do better than that?” Here’s your chance:
This leadership position has responsibilities for Exchange Server and Exchange Online technical marketing. Scope includes driving the Exchange technical marketing team responsible for product planning in partnership with the Engineering team, the core product content / narrative and demos, industry expertise, ISV partner management, evangelism and press / analyst relations related to Exchange. This leadership role sits within the Office Technical Marketing team within the Office PMG organization. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Team Leadership. Coach a high performing team to hit commitments and steward thoughtful career planning with employees. Influence stakeholders across marketing and engineering teams, embracing cross-boundary collaboration to influence peers and senior leaders. This position will also sit on the Office Technical Marketing leadership team, so active participation on driving the overall business is expected.
- Defining the product and service value prop. Based on industry expertise and deep product/service understanding, define the positioning and messaging, core content and demos for Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Product Planning/Strategy. Influence product plan and development strategy based on market data and customer insight. Partner with Engineering leaders, MOD Planning, and MOD PMG teams to defined v.next product/service requirements.
- Ensure key ISV support for Exchange and Office 365. This leadership position carries extended commitments across both Exchange and Office 365 to ensure the key ISV partners are actively and properly supporting these offerings.
- Competitive Analysis. Drive competitive analysis around industry-specific competitors related to Exchange including security, archiving and mobility. Use insights from analysts, partners, customers, and research to develop competitive response content for the field and product insight for the engineering team.
This sounds like something that would be right up the alley of a number of my regular readers (you know who you are!) Now’s your chance, as I’m sure this position won’t be open for long.