Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been dealing with a wide variety of challenges, including a very busy work schedule and all the normal holiday uproar that comes this time each year. Right now it’s around 6am and I am blogging while running two loads of laundry (one in the washer, one in the dryer) and patching a mail server at work. That should tell you something.
- Remember, kiddies, when you’re installing an Exchange rollup, always run it elevated. If you don’t, it won’t work, and it won’t give you a meaningful error message. (Not that I’m bitter.)
- The more I use Windows Phone 7, the better I like it, but it’s still not quite a 100% replacement for everything I need my mobile device to do.
- I am super excited about going to Alexandria this weekend to see my family! It won’t hurt that the Saints will be playing on TV while I’m there, either. Plus, there’s a good prospect for me to do a little home improvement while I’m down there.
- Boy Scout rechartering is about as big a paperwork hassle as I’ve ever seen. I’ll be so glad when it’s finally done.
- We had a fantastic office party yesterday, with a hilarious “white elephant” gift exchange. I got a lovely set of Star Trek glasses that the boys have immediately adopted. (They are very like, but not exactly, like these.)
- My travel year will end with just over 75,000 MQMs on Delta, making me Platinum Medallion again for next year. I already have my first trip of 2011 planned– Redmond (again) for Microsoft Certified Master Exchange rotation 7 (or 8? I lose track.
- I have three solid non-fiction book ideas: two technical, one not. However, I only have time to write one of them. Decisions, decisions.
- We just dropped an update to LDS Tools that features a ton of work that I did. There are two more updates right around the corner, too– one that’s already in the pipeline and another that should drop in early January. If you’re LDS and have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you’d probably like this app.
- David starts driving school next week. Yikes!