- I’m more than halfway done with the technical editing pass on Tony Redmond‘s new Exchange 2010 SP1 book. Those of you who want to know more about Exchange are really going to like it.
- Apropos of SP1: when I installed it, one of my servers failed to start the MS Exchange Forms-Based Authentication service. This caused all OWA logons to the server to fail, and it took me a few minutes to figure out why. Luckily I’d performed the upgrade at night and done a DAG switchover, so no harm done. Apart from that, it’s been flawless.
- When the State Department says it takes four to six weeks for passport issuance or renewal, apparently they mean it. I mailed my renewal in on July 15th and just got the new passport yesterday.
- I love having a Trader Joe’s near my house. If you’re not familiar with them, check out this article and you’ll see some of the reasons why I like them so much.
- Three firms control 89+% of the US soft drink market. Here’s a cool graph showing which firm makes which drinks.
- My co-worker Shelby is running her first 5K, a benefit for lung cancer research called "Jog for Jill." Feel free to drop by and throw a few charitable bucks her way. I know she’d appreciate it.
- Speaking of 5Ks: yeah, I need to run another one soon, but that would require me to actually prepare for it. There’s one coming in in San Jose on Halloween; maybe that’ll be next.
- Next weekend the boys and I are going salmon fishing in Alaska. How much fun is that going to be? (Plus: we all looove salmon, so it’s kind of like going grocery shopping.)
Thursday trivia #22
Comments Off on Thursday trivia #22
Filed under Friends & Family