Bo does a weekly "Thursday miscellanea" series that I like, so I’m shamelessly stealing his idea.
- NASA has a really nifty hands-on simulation of how their space communications network works. I can’t wait to show it to the kids, who will dig both the 3D graphics and the music.
- Allegedly, more people use Facebook than watch Fox News. I am not sure what this says about the future of television news: should we expect to see FarmVille-themed programming? quizzes? "Like" buttons?
- I’m not looking forward to the coming deluge of political ads in California for the governor’s and Senate races. Thankfully I don’t watch much TV.
- OCS 2010 will make heavy use of PowerShell. Hallelujah.
- This weekend I have the rest of my Scout outdoor leader training. Among other things, I’ll have to identify native plants, pitch a tent, and cook in a Dutch oven. At least I know how to do one of those things already.
- Next week when Arlene’s gone my plan is to
makelet each of the boys cook dinner, by themselves, one night. That’s going to be interesting.